There are some benefits to running stock Android itself, however, that are well worth exploring. That will take you to a stock, unrooted ROM, with stock recovery as well.
You may upgrade or downgrade the Android firmware with flashing. Flashing will fix software issues, IMEI related issues, and improve device performance. Bloatware makes an impact on battery life and Android device performance, especially when the apps are running in the background. Poorly-written software slows down device performance and drains battery life. Google has recently tried to upgrade Android’s performance, including device battery life. As a result of the lack of modification choices, extra features, adverts, and pre-installed apps, the stock Android OS is popular because it is lighter and faster.
- If your Nandroid backup is more than a day or two old, you download stock firmware might want to keep it for emergencies only.
- You’ll see a pop up with details of what will be restored.
- If the app isn’t installed, GCam will return to the viewfinder.
- If you’re going to hard reset your phone and cannot access the recovery menu.
- The specific devices that are supported will depend on the version of GCam APK that you are using, as different versions may support different devices.
If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go. If you used a non-rooted ROM and want to get back fully to stock, all you need to do now is re-lock the bootloader. Finally, you might want to relock your bootloader as well. The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock. The quickest way to revert your phone back to its stock ROM is to restore your Nandroid backup.
Personally, I love Gcam 8.6 and have found it to work well on my Samsung phone. I have also tried it on several other phones, including those from Xiaomi, Poco, Redmi, OnePlus, and Vivo, and it has worked well on all of them, providing access to all of its features. The new Xiaomi MIUI camera app brings some improvements and bug fixes.
- While not as advanced or as good as regular GCam, it might still improve quality over the stock camera quality on some phones.
- Most custom ROMs nowadays come with the ability to install applications to the SD card, called Apps2SD (or A2SD).
- It has a 6.3-inch LCD display, fingerprint scanner, and 48MP of rear and 25MP of front camera.
- An example is Rockbox as a firmware replacement for portable media players.
After Unzip the said package, you have to open the unzip folder. The folder contained required KG7h, Flashing Tooland compatible USB Driver as require. Here you will find all the latest YesTel firmware for YesTel Universal.